Download Assignment in PowerPoint format
Use your first and last name to create a symmetrical name plate. Use polished crayon technique.
Name, Block and date on it?
Place your completed art work in the box labeled “To be graded” located on the cart beside the file cabinet in the front of the room.
You may start another art work. The second one might be better than the first.
Work on homework.
Stay in seat
NOTES:Lesson Description:Use your name to create a symmetrical design. Color the positive space (letters) and negative space (surrounding areas). Color with pressure so you create a waxy surface. Use a paper towel to polish/shine the crayon.
PowerPoint Presentation(s) Download available
1. Space: refers to the emptiness or area between, around, above, below, or within objects & drawings (positive/negative) and/or the feeling of depth in a two-dimensional work of art.
2. Positive space: is the space occupied by a shape or form.
3. Negative space: is the space not occupied by a positive shape or form. The empty area around an object in an art work.
4. Balance: visual equilibration found in an art work.
5. Symmetrical (formal) evenly balanced (same on both sides). Compositional stability which is derived from equal visual elements.
6. Asymmetrical (informal) unevenly balanced (each side is different). Compositional stability which is derived from unequal visual elements. One or more large shapes or forms balanced by several smaller shapes or forms.
7. Craftsmanship: Qualities of good craftsmanship are:
Artistic care and neatness
Skilled use of tools and materials